Take a look at some interesting motorcycle statistics from 2005-2010. Remember, if you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, call 844.HUNTER.LAW.
• 1 in 3 accidents were a result of riding a motorcycle while under the influence of alcohol.
• The motorcycle death rate was 73 per 100,000 registered motorcycles.
• 88,000 motorcyclists were injured in highway accidents.
• Close to 4% of all victims involved in fatal motorcycle accidents had at least one prior alcohol-related conviction.
• In 2007, 7.1 million motorcycles were registered in the U.S.
• Speeding caused 35% of all fatal motorcycle accidents.
• A total of 655,000 motorcycles were sold.
• 42% of two-vehicle fatal motorcycle crashes involved a vehicle turning left while the motorcycle was going straight, passing, or overtaking the vehicle.
• A little less than half of all motorcycle deaths involved no other vehicle.
• 14% of all road traffic deaths involved motorcyclists, with 4,502 deaths in total.
Statistics compiled from the following sources:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention